International Solution for Fiskars Group
Smilehouse designed and implemented a product information based and SAP-integrated multichannel solution for Iittala-brand’s internationalization and the close partnership & development continues strong.
Fiskars is a leading global supplier of branded consumer products for the home, garden and outdoors. The group consists of Home, Garden, and Outdoor business areas. Fiskars products are renowned worldwide for their functionality and cutting-edge design, and the group boasts a strong portfolio of trusted international brands such as Fiskars, Iittala, and Gerber. Fiskars is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. The group recorded net sales of 748 million euros in 2012, and employs some 3,400 people.
The first phase of the groups’ extensively SAP-integrated B2C solution includes the implementation of the Iittalas’ online store to seven countries, including the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark. The solution will be rapidly expanded to include more countries, and additional brand storefronts for different Home-business area brands (such as Hackmann, Arabia) will be implemented in the near future. Smilehouse has previously implemented also Iittalas’ B2B storefront.
“This is an important strategic project for Fiskars. The easy-to-use, stable and centralized hybris solution will support all channels in all markets. We are continuously improving our ability to serve the customer better in all channels and try to provide a seamless brand & shopping experience for the customer, which will lead to closer customer relations and growth of sales.”, explains Sanna Viipuri, the E-Commerce Manager in Fiskars Home.
Smilehouse was chosen as the system integrator due to extensive international references, company overall competence and expertise of SAP-integrations and eCommerce projects, and because Smilehouse resources are located in Finland, close to Fiskars headquarters. This was as a vital factor due to the fact that the overall solution will be extremely business critical for the entire group and the scope of the entire solution is very large.
“The co-operation with Smilehouse and the Scrum-model used in the project worked extremely well. We were able to see results all the time and the daily communication gave us a picture where we were with the project.” ,describes Viipuri the 6 month project.
The solution was also integrated to SAP to provide up-to-date information about availabilities, prices, delivery times etc.
Goals and Challenges
- Unify several different brands and operations around the globe with totally different products and business practices
- Enhance their online presence and improve data quality
- Add new channels
- Start with seven countries and one brand, but expansion to a total global solution in the next phases
- Join multiple channels into a seamless user experience
- Improve cross-channel revenue and margins
- Acquire new clients in a saturated market through innovation and service
- Improve the resilience and scalability of the online platform
- Improve usability and business-user readiness
- Deploys hybris PCM, Voucher, Advanced Personalization, LDAP, Mobile, Reporting, Social Commerce modules and B2C module for 7 countries in phase one
- Expand B2C solutions for new countries and brands in the next phases
- hybris WCMS, Mobile, Advanced Personalization and Call Center modules
- Extensive SAP-integration
- Good support for international business practices
- Dynamic data model to support different business needs and product structures in one global solution
- Cross-channel customer retention
- Simplifies management with one master catalogue of products regionalized for different country stores